Monday, September 26, 2005

We Are, Still


We Are, Still, originally uploaded by danakay.

This is what is left of someone's front yard. Behind this the house is almost completely collapsed. There is pretty much nothing left for these people, yet....they still showed all of us, in the midst of all this destruction, their spirit and faith. I can't tell y'all how much the people of Mississippi affected me. They are proud and strong people. They had signs, in what used to be their yards, their homes completely gone, thanking people for helping them. How amazing! They have nothing left, yet it was important to make this huge sign thanking rescuers, volunteers, etc. I have never been hugged and thanked so much by strangers. These communities will return, stronger than ever I believe. They have faith in themselves and so do I.

Please take a look at how Lucid Nightmare took this picture and made a
special photo
for me to remember. So very awesome.

There are so many amazing people in this world. This nightmare brought out the worst in a lot of people and the media sure made sure we heard about them. I hope to spread the word about the amazing people i have come across that were affected by Katrina. I also want everyone to know the special people on Flickr that have touched my life. Thank y'all.

Photo by Dana Deutsch, Chicago - USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home




"THE RICH MUST LIVE MORE SIMPLY SO THAT THE POOR MAY SIMPLY LIVE." - Mahatma Gandhi